Thursday, May 2, 2013

Law Students Say the Darndest Things

Over the next two weeks studying for finals, I know, in our delirium, we will say some completely random things.  Here, I will do my best to record these moments for your enjoyment as well as my own way to look back and wonder why that was funny.

5/1/2013
I have been watching the San Diego Zoo Koala Cam.  My friends informed me that they were going to have an intervention and one of them asked if I had fallen asleep with it on.  I said no but I did write them a goodnight letter.  Another friend asked, "really?"  I replied, "No, Koalas can't read."


5/1/2013
2L friend trying to help me review for Civ Pro even though our Civ Pro prof doesn't use labels, my friend asks, "What is safe harbor?" (Referring to the grace period allowed under Rule 11, however, I don't remember this being called safe harbor).  My response was "the opposite of Pearl Harbor?"

5/1/2013
I bit into a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Miniature which did not contain any Peanut butter!  I wrote the Reeses company a letter informing them of this and analyzed the situation under Manufacturing Defect, a tort issue.


5/2/2013
I received an email from Reeses letting me know that they will be sending me coupons for the lack of peanut butter in my cups.

5/2/2013
In Personum jurisdiction outline -
Friend reads "Presence sufficient even if just passing food"
My reply "would you like fries with that?"

5/3/2013
Friend, very excited about her realization, "Wait, guys, nationwide means in the United States!"
The rest of us, "Yup. . . ."

5/6/2013
Friend asks other friend who appears to be deep in thought while doing Property Problems, "What are you thinking about?"
Thinking friend, "What tater tots would taste like with Thai food."

Later, me, to answer the question, "Tater tots are always a good idea."

5/6/2013
Why do TJSL students get so fat?
It's so cold we have to add insulation.

5/8/2013
I'm studying with two Yankee fans, prepping for the Property exam, comparing it to baseball and saying that we will do well.  One Yankee to the other, "do it for Jeter!"

5/12/2013
There is another person in our study group with the same name as me.  I asked another girl to send me her notes on one subject to double check them with mine.  She sends it to the other girl with my name.  Twice.

5/12/2013
This morning someone asked me how I like law school.  I got halfway through my typical, "I love it" answer when I had to stop, back track, and just let him know this was a bad time to ask.  Last week, I loved it, this week I hate it.  Ask me again in the fall.

5/12/2013
When we get nervous, we tend to play with our hair more often.  Friend, "I just keep playing with it.  I keep telling myself to stop touching myself!"

5/12/2013
You know it's time to stop studying for the night and go to bed when your Tort puns start merging with Torte puns.

5/14/2013
Friend and me, studying in odd chairs, staring at odd patterns in the carpet, I inform her that she looks like she is in a bucket, peering over the edge of it into the river.  We then discussed what kinds of "fish" were in the river.  I swear this only lasted about 5 minutes.

5/15/2013 (Pretty much still 5/14/2013 in my mind)
After the first two finals I walked out thinking that I failed them both and cried.  After the third final I walked out thinking I failed it and am thanking the Lord I only have one left!
From tears to angry giggles.

5/15/2013
I received the coupons from Reeses!

5/15/2013
Sunny day.  Friend has hood tied tightly around her head.  Other friend asks why.  First friend replies, "so it wouldn't fly off in the rain."  


More to come, I'm sure.

No comments: