Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Its changed

I had to write a sonnet about love for my Craft of Poetry class (I know, terrible, ironic, torture is pretty much what it boils down to) and had no intention of wanting to think about love at all. So here is what I came up with instead:

And so I am left alone deciding
What I am going to say
To those four boys that keep on fighting
My love they are trying to sway

“I have a choice,” but I really don’t
“I like you all,” I could explain
“I will decide” but I really won’t
This is such a pain

Chocolates, jewelry, candy, and flowers
For me his “little daisy”
Love letters portraying my seductive powers
And how the others are crazy

I could just tell them all to quit
But what fun would that be
Its better just to watch them hit
And kick and scream for me

So while their friendship fills with rifts
I will do what I do and collect the gifts.


It will do.......I suppose

1 comment:

fer said...

Oh man, sweetie. We are thinking about you...keep us posted. We love you!

JJMC