Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh the places to go?

I am having a hard time deciding what do to next year. I have plenty of options, just no idea what would be best...

Going Abroad
Vienna--I am taking a year of German to prepare for this, just in case. I have always been interested in Austrian history, the German impact on Austria, and they have some great literature programs. The Mountains, the fact that it is so close to the Swiss boarder, Germany, involves lots of field trips, and is where the VonTrap family came from are all great positives. On the down side, I would have to know German really well to be able to do a home stay, which is my intention. Also, they eat a lot of pork and fermented veggies which aren't really my thing.

Somewhere in Italy (Florance, Milan, Rome)--I have wanted to go to Italy pretty much since I was born. Specifically, I am interested in Venice, but all the programs allow for a week in Venice so that could be cool. I would not have to know the language to study here. I could do a home-stay with no worries. I love pasta, red meats, and red wines, which pretty much define Italy. I also think on of my high school friends will be in Milan, so that may make things a bit more interesting and exciting, not to mention an easier transition. Italian would be taught while I was over there, so I would still get to know the language.

London--This program is run by my school and would be the least expensive. My advisor is teaching in London the same semester I would be over there, thus I would be taking his classes. I would not have to worry about language at all, food would be pretty similar, and getting around would be easy as well. Also, my advisor promised me we could go to Venice and Vienna for a week or two. On the downside, I don't feel like I would be getting much culture if I went to London. In my mind, a place where everyone speaks the same language as me would be too easy. I want a challenge.

Transferring

Stanford--I want to go to their law school and they have an amazing campus, amazing dorms, and tuition would be practically free. Also, I would have an aunt and uncle close. Plus great weather.

Harvard--Great school, a cousin lives close and is totally willing to go in halvsies on an apartment. Bad weather.

Drake--Close to friends, still an alright school, but I am thinking no on this one, even though friends are begging me to go here....

Downside to transferring--I don't get to go abroad.

Dropping out of School
Sounds like a bad idea but really, it would be so much easier. Down side? No money for ever and ever and ever. Yeah, not gonna do this....

No comments: