Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thoughts from my Professor....

Today I had a brief meeting with my Advisor and he kindly expressed, "Wow, only a year from now you will be preparing for law school, a whole new part of your life, and you still have so many options, there's no way of knowing where exactly you'll end up." While I believe he meant this to be inspirational I got a little panicked. He's right. I could end up going to a law school anywhere. And really, I have no idea. I don't remember feeling this way my junior year of high school. . . At least he thinks I'm going SOMEWHERE though, that's a good sign!
So I thought I would make a list as to the good and the bad things about being only a year away from preparing for law school life.
I will start with the bad, or things that maybe are just scary, mostly the unknowns.
  1. I don't know where I will be.
  2. I don't know if I will be any good at it.
  3. I don't know where I will be living.
  4. I don't know if I will be able to get a job close to school, since I have no idea what that school may be!.
  5. I don't know how I am going to be paying for law school.
  6. I don't know what my LSAT score will be.
  7. I'm not sure about visiting colleges.

The good things

  1. So close until I never have to come back to THIS school if I don't want to.
  2. I will be starting the track to the life I really want.
  3. A new place is a clean slate.
  4. Things will start happening quickly and I won't have too much time to really worry about them.
  5. My options are open for my future.
  6. I have a future.
  7. I will likely be closer to family and friends that I have been away from for far too long.
  8. I'm still young.
  9. I am almost done with a part of my life I feel has little relation to my desired career and future life.
  10. Wherever I am going, there will be less snow than here.

No comments: