Thursday, August 21, 2008

Partners in Crime

As school is sneaking up on me, I am finding little humor in life these days; however, today there was a small instance that was very humorous to me. And hopefully to you too.

My kitten, although cute, adorable, lovable, and playful, has a certain quality about him that causes him to freak out, run around wildly, attack anything that comes anywhere near him, and chew on my plants. (I think this is called being a kitten, but whatever) When he goes into this mode, I have a squirt bottle that is pointed and shot at him when he is biting my hair, my plants, my books, whatever his current victim is, to distract him and get him to stop whatever he is doing.

I recently received a bonsai tree for my birthday and the baby kitten loves to chew on this so he has gotten squirted plenty of times for his strange pallet and now has stopped eating the leaves.

I was worried today, though, when he came up on the table as I was using the squirt bottle to mist the leaves of my bonsai, and headed straight for it. It occurred to me, as he rubbed up against the bottom of the pot the bonsai sits in, then looked at me with wide eyes, he looked like he was consoling the tree and wondering what it had done to deserve the squirt bottle.

No comments: