Thursday, August 14, 2008

Poodle Conditioner

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to dye my hair to its natural, un-sun-bleached color; a lovely dark brown that I wish my hair would stay throughout the year instead of just in the dead of winter. Anyway, as anyone who dyes their hair would know, it tends to dry out the strands a smidge. With my hair, it makes it impossible to comb without mass quantities of conditioner. (Also, I recently changed conditioners to one that I shouldn't have switched to because it does a VERY poor job of making my hair silky smooth so it really does not help much.) At home, I can get a wonderful VO5 hot oil treatment for about two dollars. Here in the campus town they apparently do not carry VO5 products and I was stuck with knotty hair. The other day at Walmart, I decided I HAD to find SOMETHING to make my hair stop snarling so horribly. So as I was looking, I found a section full of deep conditioners and hair strengthening what-nots. I also noticed that all the advertising pictures were of African Americans/Blacks/Politically Correct term for dark skinned people. I reasoned that if it works for them, it will surely work for me. So I selected a one time, deep conditioner with olive oil to be applied with heat and a cap. Only $1.79.

Last night I performed all the instructions step by step to make my hair the silky, smooth , fantabulous mane it once was, ending with the rinse. I went to bed with my hair still wet, natural curl bouncing.

This morning when I woke up, hair dry, and I could tell something was different. "Is it healthy, happy, hair?" I thought as wabbled to the bathroom at 6:30 this morning. Well, when I got in front of the mirror, I realized that the natural bouncing curl I saw last night had multiplied by, oh, about a hundred. My hair had VOLUME! Thank goodness for hair straighteners. My hair is now healthy, happy, and volume is No Longer an Issue.

I recommend this conditioner to anyone who doesn't have to get up early in the morning so that you are not unnaturally scared of looking at the mirror. I also recommend it for anyone with a poodle that needs a little lift.

No comments: